There are three study abroad options available for outgoing students:
- POLIS programmes with study abroad elements
- BA International Development - students have the option to spend semester two of their second year in Ghana, Turkey or Hong Kong.
- BA Politics and Parliamentary Studies - there is a possibility students can undertake placements in the Canadian parliament or the United States Congress.
- Full year
- Full year
Joint Honours Arts and Modern Languages students
If you are a Joint Honours Arts or Modern Languages student you should check with your parent department regarding the opportunities open to you in each of your teaching schools.
Study Abroad Office
The University has a dedicated Study Abroad Office, who can provide you further information on:
- Why you should study abroad
- Types of study available
- Student profiles/testimonials
- Destinations available
- How to apply
- Language requirements
- Further general information
Foreign Language Teaching Unit
In preparation for your studies abroad, you have the opportunity to take up language electives with the Foreign Language Teaching Unit. You can find out more about foreign language modules available by visiting the site.
Summer Schools and Short Programmes
If you would like to study abroad but don't want to spend a full semester or year away then take a look at the summer school opportunities advertised by the University Study Abroad Office.
POLIS also advertises external summer school opportunities in the bulletin, Insight.
Work Placements and ERASMUS Work Placements
If you are interested in doing a work placement or gaining work experience, you can find out more on the POLIS careers pages or on the Careers Centre Work Experience website.
Find out more
Please contact the Study Abroad Assistant for further details.