Undergraduate entry requirements
Our standard entry requirements are three A levels, or two A levels and two AS levels.
In general, prospective applicants for our degree courses will be in the process of studying two 'traditional' academic subjects for A level, with a third in any other subject.
We do not require A level Politics for any of our degrees, and we design our first year modules for students both with and without previous knowledge of Politics.
We accept General Studies as an A level for all of our programmes except BA Economics and Politics, and we welcome applications that include vocational A level subjects: for example, AVCE (single or double awards). Any combination of A levels or AVCE is acceptable.
Current academic requirements
- BA International Development: ABB
- BA International Relations: AAB
- BA Politics: AAB
- BA Economics and Politics: AAA (excluding General Studies), plus A in GCSE Mathematics
There are many other European and International qualifications that we accept.
Further advice can be also be sought by contacting our Admissions Office directly.
If English is not your first language, we require evidence of English language ability in reading, writing and speaking. If you do not hold an English language equivalent to UK GCSE standard, then you should hold one of the following qualifications.
- IELTS: 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in each component.
- TOEFL (internet-based test): 92 with not less than 21 in listening, 21 in reading, 23 in speaking and 22 in writing.