Success in Student Choice Awards
Positive personal tutors, terrific teachers and remarkable school reps were recognised at the Student Choice Awards 2011 organised by Leeds University Union (LUU).
This year, as well as the I Love My Personal Tutor awards, two new categories were introduced - the Award for Good Teaching and the School Rep Award - bringing the total number of awards to 13.
"There were nearly 1,000 nominations and 800 nominees this year. The number and quality of nominations submitted shows how important these awards are and how much the work of personal tutors, lecturers and school reps is appreciated by students," said Jack Cheyette, LUU's Welfare Officer.
Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Student Education Professor Vivien Jones said: "I'm delighted that students are honouring the people who are really making a difference to the quality of the student experience in this institution."
Achievements in the School of Politics and International Studies include:
Award for Good Teaching
- Feedback Champion - Dr Nick Robinson, Lecturer in Public Policy
- Inspirational Teaching (nominee), Dr James Worrall, Teaching Fellow (winner of I Love My Personal Tutor award 2010)
School Rep Awards
- Best School Rep (Effort) - Josh Saxby
- Best School Rep (nominee) - Ruth Leahy
- The School was also in the top five nominated schools across the university