Events and Conferences Archive
CGD Seminar: Dr Glyn Williams (SIID, Sheffield) and Prof Gordon Crawford (CGD, Leeds) 'Managing political space: authority, power and marginalised people's agency in rural West Bengal' /‘Struggles for rights: power, authority and agency in Ghana’
LUCAS Seminar: Gaurav Desai 'Commerce with the Universe: Africa, India and the Afrasian Imagination'
LUCAS Seminar POSTPONED: Cherry Leonardi 'A history of victimisation? Nation-building narrative and the challenges of history in South Sudan'
LUCAS Seminar: Jan-Georg Deutsch 'Memories of the slave trade in Africa'
Botany House Seminar (POLIS): Jelke Boesten/ Egle Cesnulyte: Women, sexuality, and risk in East Africa
- Research Presentation - School of English (et al): Stef Craps/ Rachael Allen: Painful Bodies: Visual and Literary Representations of Suffering
- LUCAS Seminar: Andrew Feinstein: 'The Shadow World: Inside the Global Arms Trade'
- Yoruba Textiles Exhibition 5th-Sept 2012-1st March 2013
- LUCAS Seminar: Steven Pierce 'Murder and Identity: Culpability and the Politics of Shari'a Criminal Law in Late-Colonial Northern Nigeria'
- LUCAS Seminar: David Booth 'Developmental Patrimonialism? The case of Rwanda'
- 'Africa Research Day' organised by POLIS/School of History/Sustainability Research Institute
- LUCAS Seminar: Jörg Wiegratz ‘Market society in Africa: Insights from Uganda’
- LUCAS Seminar: Emma Anderson ‘Securing Sex: The gender context of HIV in Malawi’
- LUCAS Seminar: Fred Golooba-Mutebi: ‘In Pursuit of Safe Motherhood: Maternal Healthcare in Rwanda'
- Seminar: Patrick Bond ‘Marikana narratives and South African Political Economy’
- CGD Annual Lecture: Robert Chambers ‘Professional Error and Ignorance in Development’
- LUCAS Seminar: Matthew LeRiche ‘The New War in the Sudans: Current issues and prospects for peaceful relations between Juba and Khartoum’
- LUCAS Seminar: Stefan Ouma ‘Green Capital, Green Fixe(r)s: The Financialization of the Agrarian’
- Seminar: 'Knowing Transformation: Race, space, and epistemic power in one post-apartheid South African town
- ASAUK Biennial Conference 6th-8th Sept 2012
- RiDNet/CGD Seminar with Mike van Graan - Arterial Network: Culture and Development
- 'I am NOT a KONY2012 POSTER': Discussion of Issues
- Yorkshire African Studies Network (YASN) workshop
- Chris Vaughan: 'Demonstrating the machine guns’: rebellion, counter-insurgency and state formation in colonial Darfur
- Tanzania: 50 Years of Independence and Evaluation
- Alex Beresford: The ANC reaches 100. Time for South African Workers to Celebrate?
- Citizenship and Belonging Reading Group: with Joanna Sadgrove, 'Morality Plays and Money Matters:... the politics of homosexuality in Uganda'
- LUCAS/Africa College Seminar: Lionel Cliffe (Geography) and Christine H. Foyer 'Green Revolution and GM Crops in Africa'
- LUCAS/Africa College/POLIS/Earth and Envt Seminar: Lindsay Stringer and Gordon Crawford 'Bio-Fuels and Land Dispossession'
- LUCAS Seminar: Maha Abdel-Rahman and Habib Ayeb 'Still an Arab Spring?'
- LUCAS/English/POLIS Seminar: Jane Plastow and Caroline Dyer Meeting them where they’re at? Ways of working with students and teachers in education for development'
- LUCAS Seminar Series Autumn/Winter 2011 TO BE ANOUNCED SHORTLY!
- Yorkshire African Studies Network (YASN) all day seminar- at Bradford
- First Yorkshire African Studies Network (YASN) Conference
- Horace Campbell - Event hosted in association with Leeds Metropolitan University
- LUCAS Seminar: Joanna Sadgrove, Morality Plays and Money Matters: Understanding the Politics of Homosexuality in Uganda'
- LUCAS Seminar: Graham Harrison, ‘The African presence in Britain: politics, post-imperial melancholia, and the commodity-form’
- LUCAS Seminar: Danielle Beswick, 'Donors and political development in post-genocide Rwanda’
- LUCAS Seminar: Giuliano Martiniello, 'Primitive Accumulation and Agrarian Transformation in South Africa’
- Global Crisis: Responses and Impacts in the Global South - One Day Workshop
- LUCAS Seminar: Jane Plastow, 'Using performance to understand women's issues in Uganda'
- LUCAS Seminar: Nadine Beckmann, AIDS and the commodification of suffering
- Chinua Achebe in Leeds
- LUCAS Seminar: Chukwuma Okoye, 'Contemporary Nigerian Theatre; or how (not-) postcolonial we are'
- Yorkshire African Studies Network (YASN) workshop
- Providing knowledge based solutions to societal challenges through textile technology
- Claire Mercer (LSE), ‘Contemporary Nationalism in Tanzania’
- The LUCAS African Schools Project
- Ray Bush: 'Mining and Resistance'
- LUCAS Annual Lecture 2009-10, Paul Richards
- Sir Edward Clay: 'Good governance and respect for sovereignty'
- POSTPONED: Zakes Mda: novelist, poet and playwright
- Anna Mdee: Student volunteering in Africa: neo-colonialism, cultural (mis)understanding and patronage networks
- Joerg Wiegratz: Marching towards market societies in Africa? The case of Uganda
- Allison Drew seminar
- Devon Curtis seminar
- Justice for Genocide: Accountability and Reconciliation in Rwanda
- The Cold War and Domestic Politics in Kenya, 1964-69
- Democratization in Africa conference
- Freed Slaves, Respectability and Religious Transnationalism: The Expansion of the Christian Frontier from Angola to the Belgian Congo
- Land reform in settler colonies: Kenya, Zimbabwe and South Africa compared
- Kinships, Remittances, and Transnationalism amongst Zimbabwean Diaspora
- Historical memory, sexual behaviour and the origins of HIV in Great Lakes East Africa
- LUCAS seminars and conferences RSS feed