Postgraduate Research Conference: ‘Reassessing Security, Development and Political Theory’
11.14, Social Sciences Building
This conference will cover a range economic, political, philosophical and IR areas, including:
- The analysis of contemporary health care reform in Turkey and its impact on the health care system through the prism of societal inequality;
- The influence of structural factors (such as ideological constraints, legacy of Thatcherite Conservatism, etc.) on the policy-making of John Major’s Conservative Government;
- The constructivist account of the uneven development of the EU-Russia Energy Dialogue and the problems with energy securitisation;
- A critique of the bounded politics of the IR discipline to the exclusion of alternative theory, such as Islamic alternatives;
- The development of a framework for explaining how dirty hands dilemmas occur, arguing that dirty hands and moral wrongdoing are inescapable in commercial society.
MA students, do not miss an amazing opportunity to speak to our current first-year PhD students about the practice of doing a doctorate research, application process, opportunities and other related issues.
To register for this conference and a complimentary lunch, please email Faiz Sheikh.
Please note: You are welcome to attend without registration, however you will not be eligible for the complimentary lunch unless you register.
11.14, Social Sciences Building.