Researchers in Development PhD Network (RiDNet)
The Researchers in Development PhD Network (RiDNet) is a multi-disciplinary, cross faculty network for PhD and early career researchers working in international development at the University of Leeds.
The purpose of the network is to share ideas and build links among PhD and early career researchers working on development issues.
The network will be hosting events throughout the year, including seminars, discussions, workshops, conferences, and socials.
- Poverty and inequality measurement: A survivor's guide, Monday 10th March 2014
- Ethics in Overseas Fieldwork, 2nd April 2014
- Risk Assessment in Overseas Fieldwork, 9th April 2014
- Monitoring UK aid: the role of the UK parliament International Development Select Committee and the Independent Commission for Aid Impact by Fabian Hamilton, MP, 2nd May 2014
- Development Policy Beyond Aid, 12th May 2014
Information and resources from some of our past events
Click on the links below for summaries of and resources from our past events.
- RiDNet Welcome Event
- Conducting Fieldwork in Development Contexts: Reflexive Approaches to Practical Issues
- Seminar: Culture and Development
- Brown Bag Lunch: (Participant) Observation and Ethnographic Immersion
- Brown Bag Lunch - Making Sense of Qualitative Data: Coding Strategies
- Risk & Risk Assessment in Overseas Fieldwork
- Collaboration for Development Workshop
- Ethics in Overseas Fieldwork Seminar
- Lessons From my Fieldwork Seminar
- Researchers in Development PhD Network Welcome Event
- Preparation and Expectations for Fieldwork Research
- Working with Research Assistants in Overseas Fieldwork
- Cultural/ Networking Event
- Ethics in Overseas Fieldwork
- Brown Bag Lunch Series - Transcribing Interviews
- DFID's Approach to Research in Health
- 2nd annual RiDNet conference
PhD Fieldwork Locations
This section shows where some of RiDNet's members have conducted their fieldwork. Current students who are planning to conduct, or will be conducting, their fieldwork in a specific location may use it as a resource.
Many of our events have produced valuable resources that can aid you in your research or fieldwork.