POLIS Journal Winter 2014
Welcome to the twelfth edition of our journal that showcases the best of our students' work.
POLIS Journal Vol.12 Winter 14
War for the 21st Century?: Exploring the pre/postmodern conflict in narco-estado
by Hannah Croft
- Read Hannah Croft's paper [PDF:746KB]
Does corruption create additional challenges for Non Governmental Organisations (NGOs) in their partnership work with the Cambodian government (in education)?
by Sarah Galvin
- Read Sarah Galvin's paper [PDF:872KB]
Towards Gender Equity in Poverty Reduction: Making the Case for a Social Relations Approach.
by Adele Gatley
- Read Adele Gatley's paper [PDF:1MB]
Technology: The Great Liberator or the Insidious Oppressor?: Development and the Rise of the Mobile Phone
by Chloe Geoghegan
- Read Chloe Geoghegan's paper [PDF:639KB]
Palestinian Refugees in Lebanon: A Security Analysis
by Adam Leake
- Read Adam Leake's paper [PDF:599KB]
What ontological assumptions underpin David Cameron’s ‘modernisation’ of Conservative Party welfare policy?
by Jack Newman
- Read Jack Newman's paper [PDF:696KB]
Quality Formal Schooling in Marginalised Regions: Embedding Social Justice in Education
by Alison Shepherd
- Read Alison Shepherd's paper [PDF:736KB]
Beyond ‘classical’ counterinsurgency: Modelling the Indian experience
by Alexander Waterman
- Read Alexander Waterman's paper [PDF:633KB]