POLIS Journal Winter 2010
Welcome to the fourth edition of our new journal that showcases the best of our postgraduate taught students' work.
POLIS Journal Vol.4 Winter 10
Discourse of the Dammed: A study of the impacts of sustainable development discourse on indigenous peoples in the Brazilian Amazon in the context of the proposed Belo Monte hydroelectric dam, by Alexa Bingham.
- Download Alexa Bingham paper [PDF: 365KB]
Challenges in implementing a mother tongue-based languagein-education policy: Policy and practice in Kenya, by Kagure Gacheche.
- Download Kagure Gacheche paper [PDF: 300KB]
The EU's energy security dilemma with Russia, by Henry Helén.
- Download Henry Helén paper [PDF: 283KB]
Paths to Scaling-up through Replication: An Educational Perspective, by Alice Jowett.
- Download Alice Jowett paper [PDF: 263KB]
Implications of the 2008-2009 global economic downturn for rural livelihoods in the Kyrgyz Republic, by Denis Kovalenko.
- Download Denis Kovalenko paper [PDF: 1.5MB]
Zionism: A Critical Account 1897-1948. The Development of Israel and the Exodus of Palestine from A "New Historian" Perspective, by Babak Mayamey.
- Download Babak Mayamey paper [PDF: 154KB]
What are the implications of the 21st century?s global economic downturn for the European Union? The case study of the role of European financial institutions in managing the economic downturn: is there a need for new institutions? By Margus Mith.
- Download Margus Mith paper [PDF: 283KB]
An analysis of civilian, military and normative power in EU foreign policy, by William Trott.
- Download William Trott paper [PDF: 222KB]
Does the Pursuit of Energy Security Drive Resource Wars in Africa? The Niger Delta in the Energy Security Nexus, by Daniel Christopher Watson.
- Download Daniel Christopher Watson paper [PDF: 267KB]