POLIS Journal Summer 2014
Welcome to the eleventh edition of our journal that showcases the best of our students' work.
POLIS Journal Vol.11 Summer 14
The politics of Recognition: did the exception become the rule? Lessons from Kosovo, South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
by Fanny Candido
- Read Fanny Candido's paper [PDF:902KB]
Violence & The Global Food Economy: Food sovereignty as a precondition for genuine food security.
by Edward Colbert
- Read Edward Colbert's paper [PDF: 593KB]
Adolescent Maternal Mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa: Risk, Structural Violence and Progress.
by Naomi Dunn
- Read Naomi Dunn's paper [PDF: 613KB]
How has the framing of polio influenced the GPEI in Nigeria and what impact has this had on the local level in Kano State?
by Ella Foggitt
- Read Ella Foggitt's paper [PDF: 830KB]
Buying the Peace: assessing the role of corruption in post-conflict Chechnya.
by Christopher Holt
- Read Christopher Holt's paper [PDF: 701KB]
‘O Dono do Morro’: militarized masculinities and the Unidade Polícia Pacificadora programme in the favelas of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
by Amy Jaffa
- Read Amy Jaffa's paper [PDF: 1MB]
Has ideological convergence occurred in contemporary British politics? Assessing the extent of Cameron’s Conservatives accommodation with New Labour’s third way.
by Harriet Orchard
- Read Harriet Orchard's paper [PDF: 721KB]
A study into the effects of economic decline on UK extreme right political party support.
by Declan Turner
- Read Declan Turner's paper [PDF: 802KB]
Made in Bangladesh: A critical analysis of the empowerment dynamics related to female workers in the Bangladeshi Ready-Made-Garment sector.
by Solene Souplet-Wilson
- Read Solene Souplet-Wilson's paper [PDF: 627KB]