POLIS Journal Winter 2013
Welcome to the tenth edition of our journal that showcases the best of our students' work.
POLIS Journal Vol.10 Winter 13
“We are atheists. But of course we believe in God”: clarifying the nature of Islam in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan
by Tommy Bajorek
- Read Tommy Bajorek's paper [PDF: 695KB]
Can there be genuine cooperation between Israel and Palestine over security of The West Bank or will lack of trust generated by political and ideological issues prevent it?
by Tim Baimbridge
- Read Tim Baimbridge's paper [PDF: 784KB]
The European Union as a regional power and international actor: a coherent approach to the Eastern neighbourhood?
by Niels Bogegaard
- Read Niels Bogegaard's paper [PDF: 734KB]
Reconceptualising the Right to Education in the wake of the current learning crisis: lessons from Zimbabwe
by Jessica Drury
- Read Jessica Drury's paper [PDF: 723KB]
Rehabilitating Islamist Extremists: Successful Methods in Prison-Centred ‘De-radicalisation’ Programmes
by Marc Jones
- Read Marc Jones paper [PDF: 755KB]
Discounting the Environment in the Political Decision Making Process: The Case of the Belo Monte Dam
by Lara Schermer
- Read Lara Schermer's paper [PDF: 750KB]
The Europeanisation of Hungary: Institutional adjustment and the effects of European Union integration
by Ben Wright
- Read Ben Wright's paper [PDF: 593KB]
To what extent the two generations of Chinese women peasant workers are able to benefit from the factory work opportunities?
by Wei Zhu
- Read Wei Zhu's paper [PDF: 508KB]