POLIS Journal Winter 2012
Welcome to the eighth edition of our journal that showcases the best of our students' work.
POLIS Journal Vol.8 Winter 12
‘Shinga Mushandi Shinga! Qina Msebenzi Qina!’ (Workers be Resolute! Fight On!) The Labour Movement in Zimbabwe 1980-2012, by Joseph Sutcliffe.
- Download Joseph Sutcliffe's paper [PDF: 364KB]
From national ‘clean hands’ to a local ‘engagement’ approach? UK Members of Parliament experiences in countering the British National Party in their constituencies, by William Allchorn.
- Download William Allchorn's paper [PDF: 449KB]
Beyond Fuelling the Dragon: Examining China’s Foreign Policy in Sudan from a Constructivist Perspective, by Elizabeth Tadros.
- Download Elizabeth Tadros's paper [PDF: 342KB]
Iran’s foreign policy towards post-invasion Iraq, by Rob Bongers.
- Download Rob Bonger's paper [PDF: 355KB]
Why has China been vilified by the west for its engagement in Darfur and to what extent is this justified? By Rose Macfarlane.
- Download Rose Macfarlane's paper [PDF: 338KB]
A Theoretical Analysis of the Saudi-Iranian Rivalry in Bahrain, by Kevin Downs.
- Download Kevin Downs' paper [PDF: 297KB]
Can Michael Sata tame the Dragon and Channel Chinese Investment towards Development for Zambians? By Laura Spilsbury.
- Download Laura Spilsbury's paper [PDF: 382KB]
Engendering Change? An Analysis of How NGOs Work on the Problem of Violence Against Women in South Africa, by Emily Stanley.
- Download Emily Stanley's paper [PDF: 389KB]
NATO’s decision to intervene in Libya (2011): Realist principles or humanitarian norms? By Christopher Fermor.
- Download Christopher Fermor's paper [PDF: 377KB]
Sudan, the hollow state: what challenges to Chinese policy? By Rose Bradbury.
- Download Rose Bradbury's paper. [PDF: 420KB]