POLIS Journal Winter 2011
Welcome to the sixth edition of our journal that showcases the best of our undergraduate students' work.
POLIS Journal Vol.6 Winter 11
New Labour and the continuation of Thatcherite policy. By Aimee Oakley.
- Download Aimee Oakley paper [PDF:342KB]
How does North Korea signal to other regional actors? By Gilberto J. Algar-Faria.
- Download Gilberto J. Algar-Faria paper [PDF:408KB]
What factors influenced Japan’s decision to dispatch its Self-Defence Forces (SDF) to Iraq in 2004? By Jack Edward Holden.
- Download Jack Edward Holden paper [PDF:421KB]
How Peaceful is China's Rise? The Use of Soft and Hard Power in China's Energy Security Strategy in Central Asia. By James Pennington.
- Download James Pennington paper [PDF:651KB]
Are the official economic and political obstacles to Turkey's EU accession merely a 'fig leaf' covering real unofficial cultural and religious reservations? By James Toghill.
- Download James Toghill paper [PDF:544KB]
An examination of the discourse between the US and Iran on the issue of nuclear weapons between 2007-10. Does this discourse reflect the ambition of these nations to be the dominant regional power? By John Lake.
- Download John Lake paper [PDF:279KB]
After the Chenoan: Engagement or Containment? What is the most effective approach for the United States Foreign Policy when considering North Korea’s nuclear ambitions? By Josh Saxby.
- Download Josh Saxby paper [PDF:315KB]
Between Revisionism and Status Quo: China in International Regimes. China’s behaviour in the global trade, non-proliferation and environmental regimes. By Katherine Combes.
- Download Katherine Combes paper [PDF:364KB]
Internet Campaigning US vs. UK: A comparative study of Howard Dean, Barack Obama, and the main parties of the UK 2010 General Election. By Nick Haley.
- Download Nick Haley paper [PDF:446KB]
The EU Foreign and Security Policy after the Cold War: In Search of Identity and Role. By Ozal Hopi.
- Download Ozal Hopi paper [PDF:278KB]
The Production of Acquiescence in the Courtroom: An Analysis of the Experiences of People with Learning Difficulties and Mental Health Conditions in UK Courts. By Rosalee Dorfman.
- Download Rosalee Dorfman paper [PDF:413KB]