POLIS Journal Summer 2011
Welcome to the fifth edition of our journal that showcases the best of our undergraduate students' work.
POLIS Journal Vol.5 Summer 11
The UNHCR, the crisis of refugee protection and contemporary refugee resettlement programmes. A ‘durable solution’?, by Benjamin Craggs.
- Download Benjamin Craggs paper [PDF: 267KB]
An Equidistant Memory? The Liberal Democrats and Their Relationship with the Two Main Political Parties in Britain, by Dominic Leigh.
- Download Dominic Leigh paper [PDF: 261KB]
Millennium Development Goal 3: A Narrow Approach to Tackling Gender Issues?, by Eleanor R. Cooper.
- Download Eleanor R. Cooper paper [PDF: 275KB]
Fair Share, Fair Care: How childcare policies and provisions in Britain and Sweden affect gender relations. By Hannah Ralph.
- Download Hannah Ralph paper [PDF: 256KB]
The Continuing and Changing Role of Government in Promoting and Supporting Third Sector Organisations, by Joanna Gwenllian Lane.
- Download Joanna Gwenllian Lane paper [PDF: 283KB]
Ending Female Genital Cutting: How have various approaches attempted to address the cultural significance of the practice and its impacts upon women’s bodies? By Lucy CG Irvine.
- Download Lucy CG Irvine paper [PDF: 242KB]
Debating the ‘curse’ of resources - The Case of Nigeria, by Natasha Horsfield.
- Download Natasha Horsfield paper [PDF: 212KB]
Human rights and the development of EU-China relations: a critical analysis of the EU’s normative power, by Paul Haydon.
- Download Paul Haydon paper [PDF: 315KB]
Women in Prison: it really doesn’t work, by Phoebe E. Santa-Olalla.
- Download Phoebe E. Santa-Olallapaper [PDF: 229KB]
Freedom of Speech and the Video Game Censorship Debate, by Robert Best.
- Download Robert Best paper [PDF: 191KB]
A Foucauldian Analysis of Power and Prostitution: Comparing Sex Tourism and Sex Work Migration, by Rosalee Sylvia Dorfman.
- Download Rosalee Sylvia Dorfman paper [PDF: 153KB]